Himalayan salt is mined from the Punjab region in Pakistan, in the Khewra Salt Mine which is the second largest salt mine in the world. Deposited in the earth for over 260 million years, the salt is traditionally hand mined at depths reaching 2.300 – 3.600 feet. An unrefined salt from an ancient sea bed, free from atmospheric, surface water or groundwater interaction.
The salt ranges in color from translucent white to different shades of pink and deep reddish.The color is due to the mineral composition, iron oxides, which are common in nature and widely used by humans.
- Regulating water content throughout your body
- Promoting healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells
- Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging
- Assisting in generation of hydroelectric energy in your cells
- Boosting absorption of food particles in intestinal track
- Supporting respiratory health
- Promoting sinus health
- Prevention of muscle cramps
- Promoting bone strength
- Regulating sleep
- Supporting libido
- Promoting vascular health
- Regulating your blood pressure along with water
But perhaps the most important thing about Himalayan salt is the very obvious : it is a natural, raw, ancient product, a gift of mother nature packed with minerals. The very opposite from regular Table Salt which is (as someone else well described it) “a freak of nature” stripped of all minerals and bleached.