Lemony Grilled Baba Ganoush
Servings: 6 Level: Easy
1 large eggplant
1⁄4 cup tahini
3 garlic cloves, minced
Juice and zest from 2 lemons
1 pinch ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon QO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1⁄4 cup brine-cured black olives, roughly chopped
Pita bread, for serving
- Slice the eggplant into thick strips and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium heat. Grill the eggplant slices for 4-5 minutes per side, or until they are very tender and grill marks have been achieved.
- Remove the eggplant and scrape out the flesh, discarding the skin and as many seeds as possible. Add the flesh to a food processor along with the garlic, lemon juice and zest, tahini, cumin, salt and pepper to taste and olive oil.
- Pulse until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add more olive oil to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley, olives and a healthy drizzle of QO evoo olive oil. Serve with pita bread.
Buon Appetito !