Keep calm and drink tea. Just this thought alone is enough to relax you. There’s nothing that a hot cup of tea cannot cure. Did you know that the UK consumes about 165 million cups of tea each year?. Tea is actually the most consumed drink in the world, next to water, of course. To the person who discovered that the leaves of a Camelia Sinensis bush can be made into a healthy drink, thank you! You have done millions of people a great favor.
There’s a reason why millions of people around the world are huge tea drinkers. Not only does it taste delicious, tea provides a lot of health benefits to the body, too. Depending on the kind of tea that you consume, it can address certain health issues and problems, like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, and even mental disorders like depression. If there’s one thing you should be drinking more, it’s definitely tea.
Why Tea Is So Great
- Tea is a great antioxidant, which helps fight free radicals. Tea helps fight cancer. It is full of antioxidants like polyphenols which can be found in green tea, and theaflavins which can be found in black tea.
- Tea also significantly lowers your risk for heart attack. It can help lower blood pressure, as well as the cortisol levels, which means it’s also an effective stress buster. Studies reveal that continuous consumption of black tea helps lower a person’s systolic blood pressure.
- Tea is good for the bones. Japanese researchers have found that black tea is good for osteoporosis and promotes bone density. In order to reap the rewards of drinking tea, one should be a tea drinker for more than 10 years to notice the remarkable difference in the body. So what are you waiting for? Get tea drinking now!
- Tea increases metabolism. It’s also great for the digestive system. Tea like Yerba Mate effectively kills your cravings for some food. Thus, it’s a very effective drink for those who are trying to control weight or lose weight.
- Contrary to popular belief that coffee and tea can cause dehydration, it’s actually the other way around. Tea keeps you hydrated, even with the caffeine content. Tea is as effective as water in hydrating the body, only healthier and tastier.
- Did you know that tea is a fountain of youth, too? Especially white tea, which contains high polyphenol, a compound that is responsible for healthy and young-looking skin. You definitely should have tea in your beauty arsenal!
How to Best Prepare Tea
Room temperature to cold temperature water is best used when boiling water in a kettle for tea. Don’t let it boil too much and too long, though. When your water reaches that first gentle boil, you can remove the kettle from the heat.
Warm your teacups and teapot with your hot water from the kettle. This helps keep the consistent hot temperature. Add the tea leaves in your teapot and allow the tea to cool a little bit. Steep accordingly. Strain, serve and pour.
If you’re using teabags, brew your tea not shorter than 3 minutes. And don’t leave the tea bag in your cup while enjoying your drink.
The Foodie Pantry has a selection of special teas that will surely delight the tea lover in you. We have so many great stuff in our pantry!
To read more about tea click here.